Spring Grove Elementary Parent Teacher Organization
Our PTO strives to establish and maintain good relations between parents, teachers, and administrators, and to secure the best physical, academic, and social education for each child. We provide a variety of extra activities and programs to accomplish these goals. Because of the generosity of our volunteers and our fund-raising efforts, the PTO is able to provide the following benefits for every student in our school:
• Support to students and their families in times of need
• Family fun events (fall festival, roller-skating parties, etc.)
• Scholarships to former SGE students
• Books during the holidays
• Field trips
• And much more!
To continue to accomplish our goals, we need your help! You need only to volunteer once to make a difference. Many of our volunteer opportunities do not require you to help during the day, and some don’t even require volunteer clearances. We need volunteers to help with many kinds of tasks, for which your child’s teachers will ask us to find volunteers. Parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles have made ours a successful organization in the past. Usually, our PTO meets the first Thursday of each month at 6 pm in the SGE library. The PTO is a great way to get to know other parents, teachers, and staff. Come and check us out! Bring your ideas and help us enrich your child’s education. We look forward to meeting you!
Our PTO has the following goals:
- To promote the welfare of the children in our school
- To improve conditions for children in home, school, and community
- To bring about a closer relationship between the parents and teachers so they can work together in helping the children become outstanding citizens in the community
- To secure the best physical, academic, and social education for each child
Please help us as we work to reach these goals – we can’t do it without you!
Meetings are held bi-monthly in the SGE Cafeteria at 6:00 PM.